FACTOR APPLIANCE 301-300-8006
Dryer repair service for Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Olney, Brookeville, Ashton, Sandy Spring, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Chevy Chase, Kensington, Poolesville, Cabin John, Glen Echo and surrounding areas!
Dryer Repair in Montgomery Co MD
Factor Appliance are available to solve all your dryer repair needs. We offer repair service on most dryer makes and models. When your dryer breaks down, you start to appreciate a device that can dry your clothes and prevent you from running to the local laundromat or hanging them out to dry! We provide dryer repair service within Montgomery County MD.
If your Dryer is taking 2 or 3 cycles to dry your clothes and seems to be heating, but just not enough - this is usually a sign that you need to have your Dryer Ductwork cleaned. We network with an excellent duct cleaning company in Germantown MD called Airwiz Clean Air. If this sounds like the problem that you're having we recommend calling them to clean your ducts before scheduling service on your Dryer. Airwiz can be reached at 1-866-4-AIRWIZ.
1) Dryer lint can cause trouble because it blocks dryer lint traps, clogs vents, and fills blowers. The result can sometimes mean poor clothes drying or -- sometimes -- no drying. To avoid lint problems, clean out the dryer's lint trap system every time you use the dryer.
2) A safety issue that can arise in a gas dryer is a gas leak. Play it safe; if you think you might have a gas leak in or around your dryer, call in your local gas company - the piece of mind is worth it.
3) Safety #2 - Never leave home with the dryer running. Only run your dryer whilst someone is home, they can overheat and if there is a thermostat failure the potential for fire is very real.
4) Safety #3 - The dryer ductwork should be inspected and cleaned annually. The standard dryer duct has a 4 inch diameter, though some are available with a 6 inch diameter. Most building codes require dryer ducts be made of metal in order to prevent fire hazards and the best option is one that is smooth on the inside to prevent lint from sticking.
5) If you are having some problems with dryer noise, make sure the unit is level which will reduce potential for vibration. There are dryer anti-vibration pads that are available to help alleviate this noise.